22nd Vancouver Geotechnical Society Symposium
on Foreshore Engineering
The 22nd Symposium of the VGS will be held on Friday June 13, 2013 and will focus on the topic of Foreshore Engineering.
- Keynote addresses by:
- Dr. Adda Athanasopoulos-Zekkos of the University of Michigan presenting on "Assessment of Seismic Vulnerability of Earthen Levees"
- Neil Peters, Inspector of Dikes, presenting on "Geotechnical Design Challenges Associates with the Lower Fraser River Dikes"
A preliminary program and compilation of the submitted abstracts can be downloaded here
Panel discussion on dikes moderated by Dr. John Clague of Simon Fraser University featuring the Keynote Speakers, Upul Atukorala (Golder), and Carolyn Baron (City of Surrey)
- Geotechnical suppliers trade show exhibition
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and two coffee breaks
- The registration package can be downloaded here
- Regular registration fee: $200 postmarked by May 2 and $230 after
- Student registration fee: $75 postmarked by May 2 and $100 after
- Registration deadline: June 6, registration after this date may be possible, however space is not guaranteed.
For this event the Marriott is offering special discounted rates for Symposium attendees. Reservations can be made by calling Marriott Reservations at 1-800-207-4150 or the hotel directly at 604-684-1128. To book at the discounted rate reservations must be made by May 12.
For additional information or assistance with registration please contact S. Sriskandakumar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding Exhibitor space and Sponsorship can be made to Marc Bossé at email@example.com or at 778-899-8055. The Exhibitor and Sponsorship registration forms can be downloaded here.