23rd Vancouver Geotechnical Society Symposium
on Soil Structure Interaction
The 23rd Symposium of the Vancouver Geotechnical Society (VGS) will take place on Friday, June 12, 2015 and focus on the topic of Soil Structure Interaction.
- Keynote addresses by:
- Professor Ahmed Elgamal of the University of California (San Diego) presenting on “Large-Scale Physical and Computational Simulation of Soil-Structure Systems”;
- Professor Richard J. Bathurst of Queen’s-RMC presenting the 2014 Giroud Lecture on “Challenges and recent progress in the analysis, design and modelling of geosynthetic soil walls”;
- Panel discussion moderated by Mahdi Taiebat, Associate Professor at the University of British Columbia featuring the keynote speakers and M. (Uthaya) Uthayakumar of Tetra Tech EBA.
- A compilation of submitted abstracts and program can be downloaded here.
- Geotechnical suppliers trade show exhibition.
- Publication of symposium proceedings of accepted papers and presentations.
- Continental breakfast, lunch and two coffee breaks provided.
- Registration packages can be downloaded here.
- Exhibitor and Sponsorship packages can be downloaded here.
- Regular registration fee: $200 postmarked by May 1, 2015 and $230 after.
- Student registration fee: $75 postmarked by May 1, 2015 and $100 after.
- Registration deadline: June 5, 2015. Registration after this date may be possible, however space is not guaranteed.
Marc Bosse – Symposium Chair
c/o Thurber Engineering Ltd. Tel. 604-684-4384
900 – 1281 West Georgia Street Fax. 604-684-5124
Vancouver, B.C. V6E 3J7 email: firstname.lastname@example.org